NOTE: This is a minor hotfix release that covers for corner cases for metrics handling. We keep same
release notes as part of v2
Release Notes v2.1.8
Fluent Bit is a Fast and Lightweight Data Processor and Forwarder for Linux,
BSD and OSX. We are proud to announce the availability of Fluent Bit v2.1.8.
Fluent Bit v2.1 is the start of the new stable series of the project. During the last months our primary focus has been around extending support for Metrics, Traces and improving performance, among many others.
- chunk_traces: update the help for
- network: initialize result var for unix socket
- lib: monkey: upgrade to v1.7.1 (fix warnings)
- storage_backlog: improve the release strategy
- calyptia_fleet: fix to use custom calyptia plugin on reload.
- config: allow up to 32MB length of line buffer in read_config (#7691)
- bin: remove cleanup code from flb_signal_exit (#7735)
- custom_calyptia: do not register as agent before loading configuration.
- custom_calyptia: set calyptia_name after instancing the input plugin.
- trace: add new command line options for enabling tracing at startup. (#6726)
- aws: imds: set length when initializing token to dummy value
- upstream: decoupled socket shutdown from upstream connection release
- upstream: added parent upstream transversal to the metrics functions
- upstream: added metrics for upstream connections
- task: added locking and route dropping mechanisms
- connection: a shutdown guard flag was added
- output: added a flush abortion mechanism
- output: added metrics for upstream connections
- input_chunk: changed the chunk release strategy
- monkey: upgrade to v1.7.1
- HTTP (Input)
- Add support for form/url_encoded payloads. (#6960)
- Tail (Input)
- Don’t append records if sl_log_event_encoder buffer is 0 (#7723)
- Collectd (Input)
- Add missing flb_input_net_server flag.
- Kafka (Input)
- Implement new
format config option.
- Fix json packing
- Calyptia_Fleet (Input)
- Keep casing consistent in the generated configuration file.
- Maintain fleet_name parameter across reloads.
- Fix use after free and non-null terminated string.
- Syslog (Input)
- Provide appending source address parameter (#7651)
- Statsd (Output)
- Add missing
On every release, there are many people involved doing contributions on different areas like bug reporting, troubleshooting, documentation and coding, without these contributions from the community, the project won’t be the same and won’t be in the good shape that it is now. So THANK YOU! to everyone who takes part of this journey!
We want to hear about you, our community is growing and you can be part of it!, you can contact us at: