NOTE: This is a minor hotfix release that covers for corner cases for metrics handling. We keep same
release notes as part of v2
Release Notes v2.1.10
Fluent Bit is a Fast and Lightweight Data Processor and Forwarder for Linux,
BSD and OSX. We are proud to announce the availability of Fluent Bit v2.1.10.
Fluent Bit v2.1 is the start of the new stable series of the project. During the last months our primary focus has been around extending support for Metrics, Traces and improving performance, among many others.
- engine: add sleep to output logs on initialization (#7931)
- kernel: add release function
- plugin_proxy: handle no ingestion case (#7922)
- stream processor: prevent converting from string to num if config is set
- storage: new storage option to handle chunks truncation (new default=off). This is a performance improvement.
- uri: do not allow negative pos
- metrics: register hot-reload metrics
- lua: support metatable to save table type
- lua: push flb_null as a nil value
- http_server: v2: reload: Use more concrate key for storing reloaded times
- http_server: v2: reload: Provide GET endpoint to retrieve the count of hot-reloaded
- scheduler: use calloc instead of malloc (#7962)
- input_chunk: move info message to debug to reduce log noise (#7901)
- config_format: fix memory leak
- config: support add new option sp.convert_from_str_to_num
- log_event_encoder: fix potential issue on 64bit integer corner case
- log_event_encoder: switched data size type to overcome MSVC issue
- fluent-bit binary: follow PHANDLER_ROUTINE definition more closely.
- fluent-bit binary: use console ctrl handlers in win32 to simulate SIGHUP.
- chunkio: upgrade to v1.5.0
- monkey: upgrade to v1.7.2 (#7951)
Connectors / Plugins
- Oracle_Log_Analytics (Output)
- Add new Oracle Log Analytics connector (#7830)
- Calyptia_Fleet (Input)
- Add readlink equivalent for Windows.
- Add support for creating configuration files for win32.
- Use generateconsolectrlevent on win32 to execute reload.
- Reenable fleet on windows.
- Improve configuration reloading. (#7925)
- Systemd (Input)
- Fix missing initialization to track
- Lua (Filter)
- Add new option
enable_flb_null to deal with NULL values.
- Log_To_Metrics (Filter)
- Add new option
add_label to add label to generated metrics (#7739)
- Azure_Logs_Ingestion (Output)
- Fix null dereference (#7624)
- Logdna (Output)
- Remove unused store (#7629)
- HTTP (Output)
- Fix bug where post_all_requests() always returns a value less than 0
- Forward (Output)
- Add new advanced property ‘add_option’ to allow to send custom options in the Forward protocol (advance users only).
- Loki (Output)
- Add GZIP compression support through the
compress option (#7949)
- Azure (Output)
- Add table prefix support for Azure Log Analytics connector (#7663)
- Elasticsearch (Output)
- Check if host contains port number
On every release, there are many people involved doing contributions on different areas like bug reporting, troubleshooting, documentation and coding, without these contributions from the community, the project won’t be the same and won’t be in the good shape that it is now. So THANK YOU! to everyone who takes part of this journey!
We want to hear about you, our community is growing and you can be part of it!, you can contact us at: