NOTE: This is a minor hotfix release that covers for corner cases for metrics handling. We keep same
release notes as part of v2
Release Notes v2.0.4
Fluent Bit is a Fast and Lightweight Data Processor and Forwarder for Linux,
BSD and OSX. We are proud to announce the availability of Fluent Bit v2.0.4.
Fluent Bit v2.0 is the start of the new stable series of the project. During the last months our primary focus has been around extending support for Metrics, Traces and improving performance, among many others.
Fluent Bit v2.0 is the stable release!, new changes on this version:
- bin: fix return type for flb_cf_section_property_add. (#6299)
- network: added function to set socket receiving buffer size
- docs: update README and images
- strptime: use flb_tm instead of tm
- parser: use flb_tm in all backends and fix timezone support for Windows
- flb_network: freebsd: Don’t use Linux-like structs on FreeBSD
- build: wasm: Disable WASM for *BSD
- env: increase temp buffer size(#6313)
- input: pthread: Ensure default values of initialization for mutexattr
- input: fixed how TLS certificate and private key availability is enforced
- input: added input plugin flag for plugins that expose listeners
- help: enabled networking help for input plugins that start listeners and enabled TLS help listing.
- cmetrics: upgrade to v0.5.6
- monkey: upgrade to 24e68bbf
- Opentelemetry (Output)
- Upload log as object instead of json string
- Increase batch size for logs export
- Forward (Output)
fluentd_compat option for sending Fluentd compatible payloads
- Make forwardable for msgpack payloads of ctraces and cmetrics
- Opensearch (Output)
- Support dynamic index with types
- Add record accessor support for
On every release, there are many people involved doing contributions on different areas like bug reporting, troubleshooting, documentation and coding, without these contributions from the community, the project won’t be the same and won’t be in the good shape that it is now. So THANK YOU! to everyone who takes part of this journey!
We want to hear about you, our community is growing and you can be part of it!, you can contact us at: